When you’re running around managing your small crafting business, the last thing you want to deal with is stinky feet[http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofeet-Dynamic-Massaging-Orthotic-Insoles/dp/B00H8CSM5S]. Unfortunately, microbes and bacteria build up all day in your shoes and socks and this can cause a serious amount of odor. The more you sweat, the better breeding ground these little creatures have to create their smells. Every foot has more than 250,000 sweat glands, so you can imagine why your feet get so gamey. Luckily, there are steps you can take to minimize this unpleasant side effect of living a busy life.
- Bathing your feet daily with warm water and soap will help with the removal of bacteria.
- Use clean and completely dry socks and change them daily.
- Always use cotton socks as they absorb sweat well and are breathable.
- Don’t wear the same shoes everyday. Give your shoes at least a 24-hour breather to remove smells.
- You can use odor-eating shoe inserts to help negate the smell.
- Apply antiperspirant onto your feet.
Home Remedies for Smelly Feet
- Prior to using your shoes, dust your feet with talcum powder to minimize sweating.
- Persistent foot odor can be dealt with by soaking your feet in strong black tea for half an hour a day, for a week. The tannic acid present in the tea kills the bacteria as well as shuts the pores to keep your feet dry for a longer period.
- Saturate your feet in black tea made with two teabags for each pint of water. After they’ve soaked for 15 mins, add in one part vinegar and two parts water.
- In two quarts of warm water, mix two tablespoons of Epsom salt to clean feet and also help keep them dry.
Another important tip that can prevent your feet from sweating is to wear shoes that fit you. Your feet sweat more than usual when your shoes don’t fit correctly. This can also results to uncomfortable feet, which will in turn cause them to sweat more. Make sure that a shoe fits perfectly before buying it. You can also try using shoe insoles if your shoes don’t fit perfectly. Shoe insoles make your feet more comfortable while walking and playing your favorite sports. Shoe insoles provide your feet with the support they need in order to prevent common foot problems.
Now that you know how best to deal with stinky feet, you can move past this embarrassing problem and get on with running your crafting business.
Warning: The readers of this post should exercise all precautionary actions while adhering to the instructions for the home remedies in this article. If you’re allergic to any of the substances recommended, avoid using them. The responsibility rests with the readers and not with the site or the writer.